What would you like out of the outfitter profession

Autherial

Apprentice
Staff member
Staff Writer
As an outfitter you may be working with leather and gems and some metals to create rings and earrings and leather armor.
What kind of features and tools available to you would you like to see. I think it would be neat if you could craft jewels with a magical property
and craft a leather outfit with them. Perhaps you could craft a leather tunic and imbue it with a jewel of the seal :) to improve swim speed, or
others to help withstand the elements. What are your thought?

Cromulent

Administrator
Staff member
This is going to sound weird, but I'd like to see Outfitters make shoes or boots. Every character needs some form of footwear or maybe a leather undersuit if they are wearing full plate armour to ensure that the armour doesn't rub.

That would give Outfitters a massive market to sell to. It might not be the most exciting thing to make, but it would undoubtedly make Outfitters highly sought after.

Galath

Novice
Galath is great worker of leather. Galath want make all sort of things. Armor only the start. Handwraps for better punching enemies, saddles and saddlebags for beast of burden, bags and backpacks for puny Humans to carry as much as an Ogre. Galath never have to worry about the cold because he always has his soft seal-skin coat, and never has to worry about the heat because of his strategically placed leather straps to allow air to flow on sweaty skin.

Also Galath can tell weather to shut up and be nice.

Barin999

Journeyman
As an outfitter you may be working with leather and gems and some metals to create rings and earrings and leather armor.
What kind of features and tools available to you would you like to see. I think it would be neat if you could craft jewels with a magical property
and craft a leather outfit with them. Perhaps you could craft a leather tunic and imbue it with a jewel of the seal :) to improve swim speed, or
others to help withstand the elements. What are your thought?
I think VR already closed down the option of an outfitter making jewelry.. as up till this moment, they are suggesting it's a specialization of the Stonemason, not the outfitter. Sorry to burst your bubble here.

There are plenty of things to make using cloth and leather; tools, bags, helmets, braces, cloaks, boots, furniture (possible combo with the woodworker's specialization Carpenter?), purses, waterpoach, foodcontainers (combo with chefs and brewers?). Bookwrappings (combo with scribes/transcriptors?), tomes ..the list goes on ;)

Merker

Novice
I would love to make tents that could be used to make a temporary shelter out in the world. I.e... Give you a place to get warm while farming out in the cold world.