The war on spam

Nephele

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,

You might have seen that the site is getting hit by spambots every few days recently. Cromulent and I delete the spam and ban their usernames as soon as we catch it, but apologies if you've had to wade through it.

We're actively looking at what we can do in the registration process to keep the spambots off the site. I know this might make registering for the slight less easy or convenient, but hopefully everyone will forgive us for that. In the meantime, please know that we're doing everything we can to make this site an awesome resource for our crafting community!

Nephele

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a followup, we've modified the registration process for new users to something that should hopefully be harder for the bots to get past. If you hear about anyone having trouble registering for the site, please have them reach out to me or Cromulent on the VR forums :)

Khaleesi

Apprentice
Staff member
Staff Writer
Twice, with two step authentication I have received two emails in a row. When I try one code it doesn't work.... The second code does.

Nephele

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, not sure what's going on there. That's Cromulent's department though, so he might have a better idea.

Cromulent

Administrator
Staff member
Twice, with two step authentication I have received two emails in a row. When I try one code it doesn't work.... The second code does.
Hmm, strange. I'm not sure what is causing that. I'll start a thread on the Xenforo forum to find out if anyone else has that problem.