Greetings and salutations

Tragic

Novice
Staff member
Staff Writer
Hello, my name is Tragic. I am currently a council member of Condemned. I am in charge of crafting and economy. I have to admit that crafting and data are passions of mine, so much so that my GM calls me “Spreadsheet.” I have always enjoyed crafting that made a difference in a game. I started my crafting career in Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) where I had 17 Legendary Grand Master (LGM) crafters, including a server first.

My favorite crafting system has to be SWG, where I played a dedicated crafter for all 3 specs. I also enjoyed Vanguard and SWTOR. The best part of crafting is when the items made are relevant and the process requires thought and planning, not just simply gather and click. I have been eagerly anticipating this game and hope that Pantheon brings with it a powerful and engaging experience. I look forward to contributing all that I can to make the Pantheon crafting system the best ever!

It is a pleasure to meet you all.

Cromulent

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, my name is Tragic. I am currently a council member of Condemned. I am in charge of crafting and economy. I have to admit that crafting and data are passions of mine, so much so that my GM calls me “Spreadsheet.” I have always enjoyed crafting that made a difference in a game. I started my crafting career in Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) where I had 17 Legendary Grand Master (LGM) crafters, including a server first.

My favorite crafting system has to be SWG, where I played a dedicated crafter for all 3 specs. I also enjoyed Vanguard and SWTOR. The best part of crafting is when the items made are relevant and the process requires thought and planning, not just simply gather and click. I have been eagerly anticipating this game and hope that Pantheon brings with it a powerful and engaging experience. I look forward to contributing all that I can to make the Pantheon crafting system the best ever!

It is a pleasure to meet you all.
I agree. I hope that crafting in Pantheon will be both in-depth and meaningful in that the items you craft are relevant to the current content. Of course, you can't keep items relevant for the whole life of the game, but during the period the crafted items were introduced they should be worthwhile acquiring.

That means that raiding should not be the only way to acquire high-level items. It would be best if items were split between crafted items and items you acquire via raiding. That way both types of players will have something they can aim towards.

I'd also like to see crafting being an in-depth part of the game. Crafting in EverQuest was rather dull because you just put items into a container and hit combine. I'd like something that is a challenging mini-game in its own right like Vanguard.

Khaleesi

Apprentice
Staff member
Staff Writer
That means that raiding should not be the only way to acquire high-level items. It would be best if items were split between crafted items and items you acquire via raiding. That way both types of players will have something they can aim towards.
I've been thinking about this balance -

Crafters could make certain items types or slots that cannot be obtained by questing. For example, maybe some items are only tailored like robes, capes, or underpants and some items are only woodworked, like crossbows, backpack frames, and peg legs (for those who lost a leg in the war.)

Other types of things could only be from drops.

Would that lead to resentment among the action type crowd to can't stand crafting?

Cromulent

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking about this balance -

Crafters could make certain items types or slots that cannot be obtained by questing. For example, maybe some items are only tailored like robes, capes, or underpants and some items are only woodworked, like crossbows, backpack frames, and peg legs (for those who lost a leg in the war.)

Other types of things could only be from drops.

Would that lead to resentment among the action type crowd to can't stand crafting?
That could certainly work, but I get the impression that a particular type of player might be put off by a system such as that. Perhaps it would be better if lower level gear could be dropped or quested, but the high end gear would need to be crafted. This could work in such a way that raiders can still use dropped items, but if they want to make it best in the slot, they'll have to have it upgraded by a crafter.